How To Find Local Instagram Influencers for Your Agency
As a marketing agency, you probably have certain clients who want to target more of a local customer base. One effective way to help them grow their business in their local area is by collaborating with local Instagram influencers. But how can you find local Instagram influencers in the right location who align with the specific characteristics of each of your clients?
Here’s everything you need to know about local Instagram influencers, including a few tips to help you find what you are looking for.
What Are Local Instagram Influencers?
Before we discuss how to find local Instagram influencers, let’s take a quick look at what they are in case you’ve not come across the concept before.
Local Instagram influencers are Instagram influencers who are based in and target a specific geographic location with their campaigns. They are usually micro or nano-influencers with smaller niche audiences who are in the same town, city, or region as their followers. They tend to promote smaller businesses and help them build brand awareness in their local area.
Benefits Of Working with Local Instagram Influencers
Although they are a relatively new type of influencer, local Instagram influencers are growing rapidly in popularity as many brands are seeing the benefits of targeting niche audiences in specific geographic regions.
Here are some of the specific benefits that your clients can obtain by collaborating with a local Instagram influencer:
- A local Instagram influencer is an established member of a local community who has built a reputation as an expert in their field. Because of this, their followers tend to buy into their recommendations and endorsements, which can help new brands build credibility and trust. They are also viewed as being far more relatable and authentic as they live in the same place and share similar interests and perspectives as their followers.
- As most local Instagram influencers are either micro or nano-influencers, they often have a much smaller audience compared to macro or mega-influencers. This means that they are able to interact more frequently with all their followers, which helps brands achieve higher levels of engagement with their campaigns. This makes it much easier to increase brand visibility and build awareness.
- Because local Instagram influencers post content that is directly related to the local area of their followers, their audience is far more likely to feel an emotional attachment to the content they post.
- Most local Instagram influencers focus on a specific niche area of the market, such as tourism or hospitality. This enables them to better target the markets that your clients are looking to engage.
- Finally, local influencers are usually far more cost-effective than established global influencers, which is a huge bonus for you and your clients.
Tips To Help You Find Local Instagram Influencers for Your Agency
Now let’s get to the really useful part: how to find local Instagram influencers for the brands that have hired your agency to promote them.
Here are a few essential tips to keep in mind before you start your search.
Use An Influencer Marketplace
One way to find local Instagram influencers is by searching on an influencer marketplace. An influence marketplace is a platform where brands and agencies can find influencers for their campaigns.
These types of platforms can be a good option if you are looking for a “no frills” solution to begin your search. You can search limited databases, make quick connections, process payments, and manage basic influencer marketing campaigns through an influencer marketplace. However, these platforms are usually best for one-off campaigns as they have limited features for managing and building long-term collaborations. Databases can sometimes be somewhat reduced too, which can be a problem if you are searching for influencers in specific geographic locations.
Check Local Hashtags
Another handy way to find local Instagram influencers is by searching directly on social media platforms using industry-related hashtags and keywords. Just add in the name of the town or city you are searching for to find local influencers. Alternatively, you could apply geographic filters so that you only search for results that correspond to your client’s local area.
For example, if you want to find local Instagram influencers who could promote a client’s coffee shop in Boston, you could try searching for hashtags like #BostonCoffee #BostonCafe #BostonBrew #BestCoffeeInBoston.
This can be a great way to find trending influencers in specific geographic locations. The only downside to this method is that it involves manual searching, which can be time-consuming, especially if you have a large portfolio of clients.
Use an Influencer Platform
Finally, the quickest and most effective way to find local Instagram influencers and make contact with them is by using an influencer platform. This gives you access to a large database of potential candidates in much less time than it would take you to search manually.
For example, with Influencity, you get a full range of influencer marketing tools and features that help you find the right Instagram influencers in your client’s local area. This includes access to an influencer database with a variety of different search filters to help you find influencers in specific geographic locations. This saves you a heap of time and ensures you find the best fit for your client’s local brand. That way, you can focus instead on building a successful influencer campaign for your client that creates a buzz around their brand and gives them a higher return on their investment.