Automated Influencer Marketing: The Key to Boosting Your Campaigns
When you launch an influencer marketing campaign, you obviously want it to perform as well as possible. You need it to reach a large audience, resonate with your target customers, and generate a buzz around your brand. To achieve this, you need a solid strategy and a clear roadmap to success. However, it’s often all too easy to get sidetracked by basic tasks that prevent you from focusing on the bigger picture. This is where automated influencer marketing tools can help.
Today we are going to discuss what automation in influencer marketing is and how the right automation tools can boost the performance of your campaigns.
What is Automated Influencer Marketing?
Preparing, launching, and tracking an influencer marketing campaign takes a lot of work. You need to find suitable influencers for your brand, evaluate performance metrics, develop relationships, and communicate your campaign objectives effectively. Once you’ve launched a campaign, you need to monitor how it is performing and calculate the ROI it is generating for your business. All this takes a lot of time if you do it manually. That’s why so many brands and agencies opt for automated influencer marketing tools to streamline the process.
Automated influencer marketing is the use of tools and software to automate and streamline your campaign workflows.
These tools often include:
- Influencer databases where you can search for influencers using a variety of smart filters.
- Social listening tools to discover which hashtags and keywords are being used most by social media users, and which topics are trending.
- Analytics tools for collecting and analyzing influencer and audience metrics.
- Reporting tools to generate insights that compare the performance of your campaigns with your pre-established objectives.
How Automated Influencer Marketing Can Boost Your Campaigns
Generally speaking, automated influencer marketing can benefit 5 significant areas of your campaign strategy: finding influencers; verifying the quality and authenticity of influencers; managing your campaigns; tracking campaign performance metrics in real time; and generating reports to evaluate the overall success of your campaigns.
Let’s break these 5 stages down to see how the right automated influencer marketing tools can boost your campaigns.
Instead of searching for influencers manually, you can use tools to automate much of the process. For example, you can use influencer databases with smart filters to help you eliminate unsuitable influencers from your search results. You can customize your searches according to influencer profiles, content style and topic, audience demographics, and performance metrics. You can also use social listening tools to identify trending topics, hashtags, and keywords being used by influencers to see which ones best relate to your target audience.
Verifying the Quality and Authenticity of Influencers
You can use automated AI tools to check the quality and authenticity of influencers and their audiences. For instance, Influencity’s Audience Quality Score feature calculates the quality of an influencer’s following so that you can determine if they are as influential as they say they are. The calculation takes into account a number of aspects, including engagement rates, follower activities, and how much of an influencer’s content piques the interest of their followers. This is a great way to detect fake accounts and bots and to make sure an influencer’s audience is authentic and engaged.
You can use automated influencer marketing tools to streamline and automate many of your basic campaign processes. For example, with Influencity, you get access to campaign workflow visualization tools so you can keep track of how your campaigns are progressing and update your workflows with information as you go. You can also use automated tools to set reminders so that everyone on your team knows what needs to be done and when.
Tracking Campaign Performance
Performance-tracking influencer tools help you monitor how successful your campaigns are in real time. You can use these tools to access specific campaign metrics and KPIs including engagement, reach, and impressions. That way, you can determine if you are achieving the performance results you were hoping for and if an influencer is meeting your expectations.
Automated reporting helps you generate valuable insights from your campaign performance metrics at the click of a button. You can create customized reports that can show you what’s working well and what isn’t. This can be a great way to spot potential problem areas that need addressing. Plus, data is automatically gathered from public post data and displayed in real-time directly from an intuitive, user-friendly, and customizable dashboard so you get all this data without putting in any of the hard work.
Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few best practices to keep in mind when you use automated influencer marketing tools:
- Don’t forget that not every aspect of your campaigns can be automated. These tools are best suited to basic, repetitive tasks such as data collection and analysis. Anything that requires a level of creativity needs a human touch. The same goes for your communications. Nobody wants to feel like they are speaking to a robot. Whether it's communicating with an influencer or sharing information with your target audience, the personal touch wins, hands down.
- Contracts should never be automated. When you collaborate with an influencer, prices and terms should always be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- Never use AI and automation tools to boost your engagement levels. Fake accounts and bots stand out a mile and your audience won’t be impressed if they think your online interactions aren’t authentic. In fact, this can seriously damage your brand reputation so make sure you keep interactions organic at all times.
When it comes to automated influencer marketing, the key is finding the right balance between automation and manual work. Keep things real and authentic and look for stages in your workflow that can benefit from automation. Remember, the ultimate aim when you use automated influencer marketing tools is to streamline your repetitive tasks so that you can channel your efforts into more strategic tasks. You want the tools you use to make your job easier, not do it for you.